By joining HomeSHARE, you could be part of improving research and technology designed to help older adults age in-place!
We are currently looking for participants in Bloomington, IN and Denver, CO.
To be eligible for this study, you must:
- be at least 65 years old
- live alone in an apartment or a home in or near Bloomington, IN or Denver, Co.
- intend to reside there for the next year
If you take part in this study, you would:
- allow the technology to be installed in your house
- undergo a brief training on the technology
- complete a series of questionnaires and an in-person interview at the time of installation (repeated at 6 months and 12 months)
- be available for weekly interviews for the first month to ensure the technology is working
- be available for brief monthly video interviews about your experiences with the technology
- be interested in joining more research studies that use the HomeSHARE technology in your home
Participants will be compensated with $50 a month (Visa gift card) to pay for internet service. For those who already have internet, they will receive the $50 gift card each month to spend on anything of their choosing.
If you are interested in taking part in the HomeSHARE project, our researchers would love to hear from you. We’d be happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have about the project. Research is always voluntary and completely confidential. By contacting us, you are not obligated to participate in the study.
If you are interested in taking part in this study or to learn more about it, please contact the research team at:
- Indiana – Haley Molchan – (812) 727-0198 or email@example.com
- Colorado – Eric Gutierrez –
This work is funded by National Science Foundation grants 1629468 and 1405873.